Saturday 22 June 2013

Vintage Cards

Hi Everyone,

Just popped on to post the finished Vintage cards that were in the making on my desk last week.
I used papers from the Paper Cellar Victorian Classic paper pad and images from a 12 x 12 double sided paper I picked up at the bargain price of 10p as the inspiration for colours for both cards.



The colours of the first one seem quite bright when they have come up on the photo but they look much more toned down in the flesh with aged Mahogany, old paper, antique linen and bundled sage used on the background and die-cuts, with a tickle of vintage photo on the edges.










 




I am really pleased with the way the second one turned out.  This new twinpack of Sissix folders did not take long to jump in to my shopping basket when I spotted them, and I dont think you need to do to much with them as there is so much detail to look at as they are.  A tickle again this time with treasure gold over the pumice stone background seemed to do the trick with the eiffel tower and the french script had a dust of pumice stone then after embossing it was tickled with victorian rose.




The close up gives you a better view of the flower which is actually an inked coffee filter flower on the bottom of the card to pick out the colour of the necklace. 












Hugs
Mo x

7 comments:

  1. Hi Mo, Happy Saturday!!!!
    These are wonderful vintage cards, I have looked them over a couple of times, did the close up and still can't decide which is my favortie. They are both just stunning

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous and pretty!! Absolutely love what you did with those embossing folders!! Stunning layering makes for brilliant cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely vintage cards... can see I'm going to have to do some experimenting with coffee filters! Gorgeous embossed panels...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards Mo. I especially love the embossed one as you have really brought out the beauty of those designs. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, Mo. I have just bought those embossing folders too,
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, lovely vintage cards. I love the colours and the layering and that embossing folder has a fabulous effect: I can see why it found its way into your shopping basket! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I especially love the embossed one as you have really brought out the beauty of those designs.Really lovely vintage cards.We also deal with Embossing Powders to make your scrapbook projects more interesting as you can make some embellishments by using these products.

    ReplyDelete