Saturday 29 November 2014

November Tag

Hi Everyone,

I am taking a little break with my blog at the moment thus the lack of posts recently, but wanted to keep up with my Tim's tags for 2014 as we only have 2 more to go.  Tim's original tag can be found HERE and below is my take on it.


The techniques that Tim gave us were followed fairly closely, only changing the dies and the colours as I like to be a little different.  The background was spritzed with Evergreen bough, peeled paint and white paints followed by a run through the big shot using the waves embossing folder which had been inked with Salty Ocean.  Sticky embossing powder through the speckles stencil and a rub of copper foil sheet over it completed the background.



the corrugated cardboard was cut with the noel and tree movers and shapers and then I rubbed it over with vintage photo distress ink followed by broken china, salty ocean, picket fence and antiqued bronze distress spray.  I went around the edges of the Noel and the tree with black to make it stand out a little more.



I decided to use the cut out tree with the same colours and put it alongside the cut out tree, the stars are remnant rubs dotted in the centre with a little antiqued bronze paint, the arrow also had a little dab of the same to blend it in with the copper in the background.



A little antique ribbon on the top coloured with evergreen bough and antiqued bronze plus some linen ribbon on the bottom secured with my tiny attacher and my tag was done.


Thank you for dropping by whatever you are doing this weekend, have fun.
Mo x

10 comments:

  1. Oh, what a gorgeous take on Tim's tag... I adore the evergreen peeking through the grungy cardboard, and the starry tree is beautiful. I'm glad you've been taking a break - it means I won't have missed as much of your fabulous work while I've been away!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on Tim's tag, the Christmas tree with the stars on is super cute, especially how you managed to get the star on top.
    Georgie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great version Mo! - an inspired layout. Was only thinking about you the other day and even checked to see if blogger had stopped me 'following you'!! Anyway enjoy whatever you are up to and hope to see you back again soon. Nikki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally amazing Mo, so glad you decided to play! I absolutely love what you made of it and really like that you made it into a Christmas themed tag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Mo. just love your interpretation xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is super Mo - a really different take on Tims tag - the techniques have been used so well with this - I love it! Hope things are well with you. Big hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You already know how much I love your tag... it is a brilliant take on Tim's tag. Not really sure why I don't get your post until many hours after you post it.... It was fabulous seeing you this last week! Big hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Your tag is amazing Mo. Love it. Hope you have a good day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just been looking at the entries and saw yours, love it. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete