Thursday 9 October 2014

October Tag Boo!

Hi Everyone,

I am early for once with my October Tag entry for the Tim Holtz Challenge this month, and I have to say I really enjoyed my little self playing with my new crafty favourite the Ranger Distress Sprays.  I have stuck fairly close to Tim's idea this month  which you can see by clicking HERE along with his brilliant step by step tutorial for all the techniques.


As you can see I have used his new Spooky cat stamp instead of the Pumpkin, I just love the mischievous look in his eyes and that spider better watch out as I am sure he has been spotted!.
 
I do not have Tim's Spider stamp so I used my Indigo Blu one to stamp and emboss before using the speckles stencil with the texture paste.  I used the same colour sprays as Tim did ie Dusty Concorde, Spiced Marmalade and Crushed Olive on the background, and then finished off with a spritz of Brushed Pewter to give it sparkle.  
 
 
The Vintage ribbon on the top of the tag was coloured using the same distress sprays and then plaited as shown.  The 31 brad was coloured with a little crushed olive paint.
 
The cat itself was coloured using a mix of Crushed Olive, and mowed lawn distress pens and blended with the watercolour pen before being covered with glossy accents.
The photo below shows the glossy accents up really well on the cat and the letters were decorated in each corner with a small black embellishment which had a tiny blob of Brushed pewter paint rubbed on top of each to add interest.  You can see the spritz of black sharpie pen on the letters quite well here too.
 
 
As I did not have any of the black tinsel Tim used in my stash, I used a black soot distress spray to colour a piece of linen ribbon, then again a little tickle of Pewter DP to highlight it.  This was attached with my tiny attacher and the staples blackened with sharpie as Tim showed us.
 
 
 

My matching atc this month was completed in the same way as the tag but using the shatter stencil instead of the speckles.
 

 
I used black soot spray over spiced marmalade and crushed olive and by drying and spritzing with water and a little more black, it enabled me to get the black into the cracks, I think it looks pretty cool.
 

 
 
Thanks for dropping by today
Crafty Hugs
Mo x



13 comments:

  1. Ooh wonderfully spooky Mo,loving that cat stamp as well,looks seriously up to no good!

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag! I especially LOVE your cat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant tag Mo! That cat looks so cool! Love it! Great take on the original!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely brilliant spooky tag and I LOVE your spooky cat and spiders web.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Mo, I love your take on Tim's tag, the cat looks amazing on both the tag and the ATC - I think the spiders on both projects had better watch out!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These two are an absolute joy to behold Mo! I LOVE the way you've approached Tim's tag with the balancing cat and plaited ribbon, and the ATC is incredible with it's stencilled background and creeping cat. Round of applause for these. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa! The shatter stencil made a really cool texture! What a great idea. I also am new to the ATC idea so I'm glad you showed a cool way to coordinate them with things you making. Steve

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a cool stamp! Love you tag and act! Love all the spatters and speckles! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE LOVE LOVE your background! The cat is wonderful too, and on that string branch...so clever! Great take!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's fantastic! That green cat captured my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your October Tag ..... that cat is fab! I like the idea of making a matching ATC too.
    Thanks for stopping by my Blog, and the lovely comment you left! xx

    ReplyDelete