Today I am sharing with you a project I have put together for Eileen Hulls Art with Heart Challenge? where the theme this month is 'May Flowers'. I was inspired to do this after seeing the one my lovely friend Anne made recently for her Guest Design spot over at Country View Crafts if you missed her AMAZING creation, you can find it HERE.
I wanted to try and get a box bursting with flowers, but through the sides rather than the top, and here is how it turned out.
I got my colour palette by just looking out of the window and I had plenty of purples flowering away in the garden. This is how I made it
Use Eileen's large bigz block cube die (the 3" one) to die cut the block sides from strong board, I used mount board. I used a movers & shapers flower to die cut die cut the apertures, and then painted with Bundled sage DP and stamped using Coffee Archival.
I die cut leaves from the bigz spring greens and coloured with Peeled Paint DP
Used a poky tool to carefully score some detail onto the leaves
and then shaped the leaves
these were added to the built box around the flower apertures
I took the flower cut outs from the apertures to make a handle for the top
Glued them together and painted them using Dusty Concorde distress stain and a paint brush to get into the tight corners I used a drill to get a hole in the middle of the flower
The hole was made large enough to take a book screw which was painted on the top with Mustard Seed. The flower had a very thin coat of glossy accents and this was heat dried straight away which made it bubble and gave it lovey raised detail.
The book screw was pushed through the flower and secured to the top of the box
with the other half of the screw under the lid (the inside of the box is brown as that was the colour on the other side of the mount board) the centre of the flower was speckled with a black archival pen
The flowers were cut from mini tattered florals decorative strip from different coloured card and white card that was painted, these were layered and shaped
I used 3d pads and acetate strips to mount the largest flowers
and then secured then with another 3d pad onto the inside of the box through the aperture
I continued to add different flowers, some directly onto the box and some on acetate strips
until I had a spray bursting through on all four sides. The little feet are just 4 square beads glued to the bottom
and that was the atb bursting with flowers
Thank you so much for your visit today