Tuesday 2 April 2013

'Pretty' BIG Shoes

Hello fellow bloggers,

Firstly let me welcome Jill, Oksana, Joanna and Lisa who have all joined me on my journey this week,  how honoured I am to have you on board and following me on my crafty journey.

Last week I was a very lucky girl and was presented with a tin of lovely new inktense pencils at the show at the NEC by my lovely friend Anne.  Whilst there,  we were watching a demo of the inktense range and I was very interested in the fact that they could be used on fabric and remained permenant.  With this at the back of my mind I was mooching around the shops this week and came across these plain deck shoes for under a fiver.
BINGO! I thought  these would be perfect to alter and create a fun pair of summer deck shoes so out came a set of stamps and my inktense pencils.
A couple of hours later and this was the result, I really like the colours and owls of course are just me!. As you can see I do not have dainty feet, but I think the pattern and the colours make the big size 8 'boats' look as pretty as shoes this size can look.


Today I have picked up a book with ideas for making bags, so you can guess what I want to do  next,  to make a matching bag for the shoes.
 By coincidence, the new tv programme has started tonight The Great British sewing Bee (read more about this on their blog  here ) this has inspired me to get out my sewing machine and get on with it.  It is quite a while since I have made anything on my machine, buts its out on the desk now so watch this space in the future to see how the bag, and possibly other projects are coming along.
Hugs
Mo x

7 comments:

  1. Love those shoes. Will definitely have a go.
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are ingenious Mo. Don't they look so much fun now. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mo, wow, wow, wow! The shoes look absolutely fabulous, I love them and what a fab way to use the pencils, the shoe laces are amazing too - you clever girl.... looking forward to seeing your new bag now too. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mo,

    Shut the front door!!! I am in LOVE with your shoes!!! Why not do a matching shirt!!! Or maybe a white denim vest? I love how you did the shoelaces too!!! Yep, all around love.

    Happy WOYWW
    Peace, Kay (no # yet)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous shoes, WOW!! They look amazing..Love those laces too...Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are amazing! Lots of love from Laura xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete