Thank you all for visiting my little blog today. I
just popped on to show you my finished April Tag, I kept quite close to the colours and layout what Tim did this month. I used a selection of distress paints, Peeled Paint, Spiced Marmalade, Salty Ocean, Mowed lawn on a craft mat, spritzed with water and swooshed the tag through then held it up so it ran down a little before drying. I swooshed some vintage ribbon through the colours at the same time, scrunched it up and dryed it. My metallic distress paints have not made it across the pond yet, so I used Tarnished Brass distress stain over parts of the tag to add to the effect. This was a bit weak and I think the paint would have given a better finish, but it was ok. The edges were distressed with a distress tool and coloured with Black soot distress ink. As per usual I did not have the stamp that Tim used, but I did have a dragonfly set from urban stamps which have 3 different sizes of dragonflies on it. The large one was stamped in the top centre with Black archival and as Tim did I stamped again on acetate with black stayz on, cut out the wings and body and glued on. All the other smaller stamps are from the Stampers Annonymous Tiny Things stamp set, I love this set its so useful. I repeated the above process with the smallest dragonfly in the set in the bottom right hand corner. The ruler is from Stampers Annonymous Attic treasures set, I just stamped it onto black card and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I photo-copied the Journey dictionary wording and just cut out the part I needed. The number 4 was cut with my cricut, and the clockface is a craftables die-cut using metal tape on card. The large cog is also a die cut as is the smaller cog but this time from shrink plastic and coloured with Tarnished Brass distress stain. The metal corner is from Creative Expressions as I had run out of my ideology ones and could not find any in the shops, lastly I used a knib. All my little bits and pieces were painted with a mix of the same colour paints as earlier. I attached the clock parts with a spinner which had just had a rub of distress stain as before. I really enjoyed doing this tag and am pleased with the way the colours came out.