Thursday 21 March 2013

Flowers & Fairy's

Hello again,
Posting three times in two days, I hope I am making up for not posting at all last week.
WELCOME to my new followers Ria, Rosie, and Cathryn lovely to have you on board.
I actually just popped on for a very quick post to show you a couple of 8"x8" special cards I have just finished using the flowers I made recently(see my tutorial last post).
They are both along the same lines as you can see using my new Anna Marie stamp and a lovely fairy stamp from Stamp Addicts.  I stamped the background of the Happy Birthday stamp in London Fog Memento and filled in the gaps with Best Friend with distress inks Peacock feathers on the blue and Seedless Preserves on the Plum.  I used the same colours to lightly colour the background and went a little heavier through a flower mask to add a pattern. I coloured the fairy with pro-markers and mounted onto a spellbinders die cut.  The only obvious difference (apart from the colour of course!) is that on the plum card I removed her wings and crown, I thought like this gave me a different use for the stamp, and looks just as pretty dont you think? Because of the depth of the flowers I will have to make special boxes for them, but I think this will make them look extra special too.  I am quite pleased with how they turned out, I think I like the pink one best, and for someone who's favourite colour is blue that seems strange to admit. I will leave it for you to decide which you like best. 
Hugs Mo x

5 comments:

  1. Hi Mo, love how you used that word stamp and the fairies are really pretty, I could not choose one over the other because I really like both colours. Your flower sprays look amazing. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a fantastic way of using that background stamp and your fabulous flower sprays. Most impressed Mo. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mo. I can't decide which I like better, and I think the coloring is FAB on BOTH of 'em! Your flowers are gorgeous! I will check out your post on that (I'm behind again, and I was behind in posting too. Lot going on 'round here - plus I'm lazy with it). Both these projects are stunning, and I'm envious that you & Anne got to enjoy the craft fair (in the nicest possible way, of course!) It's great to have friend to enjoy the shows with. TFS, and truly, both of these cards are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful, Mo! Lovely to see the variation in colourway... and oh my goodness those flowers are amazing - will definitely check out your tutorial, thanks for the link!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! Love those flowers! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete