Tuesday 30 August 2016

August Tag

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all well.  Here in England we have just enjoyed our last bank holiday weekend before Christmas.  I cannot believe that we are nearly into September and shorter days and darker nights already. For this months tag I wanted to hold on to summer a little longer and make it bright and colourful 

For August Tim's remix takes us back to July 2013 Brayered Stains and April 2014 for Frameworks techniques, you can see Tim's original and tutorial Here and my take is pictured below.

Using three older but very pretty colours from the spring collection of distress inks Squeezed Lemonade, Peacock Feathers and Shaded Lilac.

 I spritzed and flicked with water and distressed the edges before inking them up with DI
 Using the trellis Frameworks die and grunge paper, I painted the frame with Picket Fence, sanded it back and inked it up again.
 The inner parts of the trellis were a mix of corrugated card, canvas, and brayered and embossed grunge paper.
 The butterfly was made up of two die cuts, the one underneath was cut in half and pulled out slightly so you could see the deeper colours underneath.
 A few pearls, inked vintage ribbon bow and rub ons completed the look
 The rub on butterfly looked a little dark when I put it on to the tag, so I simply lightened it up with a few white pen strokes


 The butterfly antennae are painted flower stamen


I really had fun making this tag, hope you like it.
Mo x

7 comments:

  1. absolutely stunning Mo - I adore this - I think you might be on to another winner you clever lady!!! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag Mo! Thanks for the step x step. Ive been ogling that frameworks die for a long time - it always looks fab. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a gorgeous tag Mo, I love the softer summery colours and the butterfly is stunning! Such a great take on Tim's tag my friend! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almo....Ahhhh your tag is just DREAMY!!! Love it ALL! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I just adore this tag Mo, I love the colours and that beautiful butterfly, it's a wonderful way to extend the summer a bit longer. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my goodness! This is the prettiest version of a Tim tag I EVER seen! I am so pinning this! I do hope Tim captures this and names it as a winner! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just browsing some of my older posts and came across your comments and wondered how you're doing... I seem to have missed this tag at the time - an absolute beauty with gorgeous colours and textures. I hope, even though you're not blogging, that you're still finding some time for creativity.
    Hugs,
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete