Thursday 20 June 2013

Last minute again!

Hi Blog Friends,
Here I was very pleased with myself that I had my Tag for June made and posted in good time for once. I was sat watching Kay Halliwell Sutton from Indigo Blu demonstrating her fabulous new Christmas range when suddenly I realised it was the 19th of the month and I had not done my project for their latest challenge Backgrounds Galore.  So last night I was in my normal last minute mode making up my card before the challenge closes today 20th. 



I started this card using the small flower stamp from the clockwork A5 set.  I first of all inked it up with Seedless Preserve distress ink, then rubbed off the ink from the leaves and re-inked these up with Peeled Paint distress pen.  This was stamped around the edge of white cardstock to create a border.  I made a few masks for the flowers and stamped over them using one of the background stamps from the itsy bitsy collection and Memento London Fog.  I mounted this onto black cardstock and onto an 8 x 8 white base card.  I stamped a piece of 5 x 5 white cardstock with the same itsy bitsy stamp  as earlier, but this time using a mix of London Fog, Peeled Paint and Seeded Preserve on the stamp at the same time to get a nice mix of the three colours.  The edges were inked black with a black pro-marker to make it stand out againt the white layer beneath it. I stamped the larger rose from the clockworks set four times so it made a ring template on to scrap paper. From this I was able to create a black background mat by drawing around the ring and cutting it out from black cardstock a little larger than the template ring.   I used the lovely square peg round hole stamp and inked it up with Seedless Preserve.  First I stamped it onto scrap paper, then used second generation stamping onto white cardstock so the stamped image was a bit softer.  This was mounted onto the black shaped mat I had made earlier.  I made four larger roses by using the same technique as I used on the border, only this time I cut them out, shaped them, and mounted them using 3d pads to give a bit of depth.  I stamped a sentiment from the Bloomin Great stamp set and placed it in the centre.

I love the way Indigo Blu stamps mix and match with each other throughout their range of different stamps, even most their seasonal stamps can be adapted so they can be used the rest of the year as flourishes etc. and the quality of all their products is fantastic.

Hugs
Mo x

6 comments:

  1. Stunning card!! Have never watched their videos, but i this is anything to go by, it is well worth it, this is just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and I am so glad that you remembered to enter our Challenge. The composition works really well. Thank you for joining in with our IndigoBlu Forever 21 Challenge Blog. Good Luck. Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this is gorgeous, all the flower stamping is amazing and I love how you have made it look like a wreath for the main image :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, good luck with the challenge
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! So glad you made it in time. This is simply stunning, love the background - that little flower stamp is so useful. Thanks for joining in with the Forever21 challenge ........ Good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card - and great timing!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete