Saturday 16 January 2016

Create Art


Hello everyone,
 
I hope you are all ok out there keeping warm and keeping those crafty hands creating:)  As promised I am showcasing my creation inspired by week 2 of my Wanderlust journey.  For those of you who don't know what I am talking about you can check out all the details Here, I must warn you however   it is a fairly picture heavy post with 18 pages to show you, I hope you enjoy.
 
Inspired by the very talented Kate Crane week two had us creating a travel journal from scratch using various objects around the house plus different paintbrush and pen strokes.  As always the actual how to is not mine to share as they belong to Kate and the Wanderlust team, but I can tell you I had great fun with this. Don't even ask me where I was going with the different pages, I just went with the flow and filled the pages with the techniques we had learnt.
 
For the cover I chose the words Create Art from the Andy Skinner serendipity stencil surrounded by Tim Holtz dot fade, the back was just kept simple with dot fade - no wording.
 
Page 1 & 2

Page 3 & 4


 Page 5 & 6
 
 
Page 7 & 8
 
 
Page 9 & 10
 
 
Page 11 & 12 getting very brave and bold with colour & design here...
 
 
Page 13 & 14
 
 
Page 15 & 16 (the page on the right is my favourite thus the wording) 
 
 
Page 17 some may recognise the die-cut from Tims mixed media set
 
 
Page 18
 
 
Back view with inserts for notes
 
 
Full journal view complete with extra tags for journaling in pocket
 
 
  Thank you so much for dropping by today, maybe you could let me know which page you like best.

 Mo x


11 comments:

  1. Fabulous journal Mo!! Love all the colors and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing journal Mo - I've been looking forward to seeing people start putting theirs on the blogs as my computer is refusing to play the film - parts 3 and 4. So I have got part way and now am struggling! Your work truely is an inspiration - I absolutely adore it - so much work - but so very much fun! Love it. It will be nice to see it all filled in too! Beautiful! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blimey Mo! That's some journal! I love each and every page and the fun you've clearly had making it shines through. Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Mo,, gosh you have been busy! This journal looks totally fantastic, every page so full of movement and interest! Amazing work!!! (I have not even managed to watch all of the videos, so I am in complete awe)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Mo, I LOVE yours! I don't want to share mine now... lol. I really like the blank pages you added, that was such a clever thing to do and the cover is amazing with Andy's stencils. This was my favourite class so far - I can see that I need to 'tart' mine up a bit though!

    Wonderful to see you blogging again! Big hugs, Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mo
    Just noticed you blogging again - lovely to see you and your amazing project.
    Can't decide if my favourite is 3 and 4 or 9 and 10 but I love all of your pages.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic to see some more details of your beautiful album, Mo - I love all your doodling, and wonderful use of the shimmering diecuts. There's a great spontaneity and sense of brave experimentation here - and it's really paid off. I was much more conservative, though anything with my own mark-making always feels way out there. Like you, I loved doing the scribbling! Must get my own blogpost up soon.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back Mo! So glad to see you back. Your journal is wonderful, positive jumping off the pages with life and gorgeous colour. My favourite is the one with a bird house and' beauty' text. I have a thing for birdhouses! Your Tim tag below is fabby too. The best of luck in your new home. Have a lovely weekend. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have only just realised that you are back! Just been for catch up and what a treat I have had! Norfolk is a beautiful part of the country -used to have most of our holidays there! I am sure you are well settled now! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete