Tuesday 14 January 2014

Follow Your Heart

Hello Everyone,
A very warm welcome to you if you have popped on to my little blog for a look at what I have been up to.  I have just about come down to earth again now after my winning Linda's 12 Tags of Christmas Challenge over at The Funkie Junkie 'Whoop! Whoop!' and  I have now been inspired to enter more challenges this year.  This being one of my New Years Resolutions, brings me nicely onto Frilly & Funkie who have this as the title of their current challenge and my entry called Follow Your Heart.
 Sometimes I feel when you are constantly up against deadlines and having to deal with restrictions in products, costs or time, it can be so easy to loose focus on where we really want to be in our Crafty world, and what aspects of it we enjoy most.  I have done quite a few projects last year which maybe are not a true reflection of my style, so this year I want to concentrate on projects that I feel are right for me and I am happy doing.  I love Mixed Media so that is where I have started. 
 This is an 8 x 8 Canvas and I started with texture paste through the Art Is stencil and one of Tim's 'measured'.  To this I added a few die cuts I had lying around 
 More die-cuts lace and flowers were added
 Followed by a few buttons trinkets paper clips and the wording which was cut with my cricut as I needed them small enough to fit and all my dies were too big.
 A couple of layers of Gesso and left to dry, then I spritzed with quite a few different sprays, (I wish I had taken a picture of my desk because it matched the canvas lol) I got completely wrapped up in what I was doing and forgot my camera at this point sorry!  I gave it a blast with the heat gun till it was completely dry.  Finally I painted in the lettering as I wanted them to pop out, and then the textures all got a brushing of treasure gold to show up the detail. 
 Here are a few close up piccies that shows the detail off better

 I loved doing this Canvas and that's what it is all about.
Thank you for taking the time to visit and do pop over to Frilly & Funkie for inspiration and to see the other wonderful entries to this challenge.
Hugs Mo x

18 comments:

  1. Love love love the results of you following your heart... I know exactly what you mean about those restrictions, and this piece breaks free of them triumphantly. Gorgeous composition and colours, and the TG is the perfect finishing highlighter.

    Was so thrilled to see your name come up over at F&F - left congrats there, but here are some more: congratulations!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thrilled to see your name come up on the list of winners Mo and what a way to celebrate. You can really tell that this is something you wanted to do and had fun completing. So much detail and a perfectly proportioned design topped off with gorgeous colours and the gilding wax. You really must follow your heart this year as it clearly inspires you to create the most wonderful art. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie with this. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. First f all, big congrats on your win, I was delighted when I saw your name come up!!
    This canvas is beyond beautiful, it is truly amazing!! All I can say is WOW!!! The composition is perfect and as to the colours..... what can I say, = perfection!!! This must be my all time favourite piece of yours, I LOVE IT!! Thanks also for the great step by step photos. Keep following your heart, can't wait to see where next it will take you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was delighted to see you had won too and look forward to seeing what you spend your money on. This canvas is so much more like YOU, it really is fantastic, I love the wonderful colours (and the little owl). I have part finished one, hopefully you can guide me on the colouring of it when we meet tomorrow, I am terrified of over-spraying it. I hope you are going to hang the canvas in your craft room as a gentle reminder........ Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is a great Canvas, I really love it and thanks so much for sharing the steps with us. Love to see how you built it! Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so happy when I saw that you won the 12 tags, Mo. This is just terrific! I really want to have a go at a canvas like this; it looks such fun and I can see you really did follow your heart with the loveliest of consequences. Gorgeous! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous textures and layers in your canvas x trace x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning with fabulous texture. I need to do some decluttering in my craft room and this piece has given me some great ideas rather than just sending bits and pieces to the garbage. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you posted the how to :) I saw this on Frilly and Funkie and wanted to try something like this. I love the way you grabbed 'the diecuts lying around' haha, my desk is like that. What is the treasure gold? I see a lot of people using it and getting these fantastic pieces of art. You inspired me this morning and I am going to get inky and see what I can create :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful canvas! Congratulations on your win, you certainly deserve it! I love the texture you achieved and the colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pleased I popped over from F&F to see this - you've inspired me to have a go. A totally deserved winner. Your canvas looks amazing, thanks for the step by step. Margie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now I can revert to my former comment, and say how thrilled I was to see your name come up at F&F after all!! Perhaps it was prophetic... In any case, delighted to see this amazing canvas get the recognition it deserves.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Many congratulations now Mo! You are such a deserving winner. I loved this canvas and I'm just so eager to have a go! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm seriously blown away by this Mo - it's absolutely stunning! Congrats on your well deserved win at F&F. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Almo, I can't begin to tell you what a great time I had visiting your blog today. All your work is all absolutely wonderful. Thank you for the inspiration. I have become a follower of your blog through both Google and Bloglovin' and will determinately be back to visit you again.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete