Tuesday 10 December 2013

12 Tags FJ style 4.

Hi Everyone,

Here I am again with my efforts to play catch up with The Funkie Junkie 12 Tags of Christmas challenge set by Linda Coughlin. And this dead line for this challenge, has just been extended to January 8th 2014.  Linda is adding a two further tags for us to have a play with and the theme is Thank You. Everyone who successfully completes all 14 will get a 15% discount coupon to spend with the sponsors The Funkie Junkie Boutique. Plus three gift certificates will be awarded in a random draw.  For full details hop on over HERE.   Here is Linda;s original Tag 4 and the elements that inspired me from this one was the layers of different textures, metals, fabrics,papers. Here is my version.

I started with 3 background papers, the red glitter patterned paper on the right which I distressed on the edges. Music print in the centre and white textured on the right which has been stained with forest moss distress stain.  The green paper was pricked with a pokey tool, given false stitching with a fine black pen and then old paper distress crackle scraped along the edge.  I die-cut the poinsettia from matching red paper and gave it a metal brad centre.  The black and white diamond strip is one of Tim Holtz tissue tapes.

 
On to the fabric elements I have a strip of cream ribbon embroidered with red Merry Christmas lettering and matching stitching down the edge.  On the other side of the music papers I added a strip of the beautiful lace which I thought stood out really nicely against the green. I loved the burlap squares that Linda had put on her tag and did the same on mine.  I wanted to add a few metal elements and found these metal alphabet discs in my stash that I picked up from a car boot sale years ago and had not got around to using them. 
I put 3 nail head embellishments to separate the Merry Christmas, and then finished off the tag with 3 bakers twine bows each with a little jingle bell.
 
So there we have it,  4 down and 8 to go! I am loving doing these tags, they are such fun and each one is so different. I am loving having a good rummage through my stash for different materials and have been turning up things I have not seen for years, like the metal discs used on this tag, surely that isn't normal - is it?
Thanks for dropping by and for your comments.
Hugs
Mo x

6 comments:

  1. This is lovely Mo. The little metal tags and lace trim work really well with the burlap and music paper. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really lovely take on Linda's tag - so many interesting textures. I might have a go at this one next. I didn't know about the extension of the deadline and the 2 extra tags - must check that out! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful interpretation of the original Mo, love how you put this together, everything fits so well together and those metal letters just finish it off to perfection, - what a find, totally love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your interpretation of Linda's tag Mo and how wonderful to find things you had forgotten about in your stash to use on it. The metal letters are beautiful and I love that gorgeous cream lace. Sadly, even with the extension I don't think I would get them done, but hopefully will join in next year. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Mo - I love the metal tags you found in your rummaging (I think it's probably normal in Craftyblogland!) and they work perfectly over the burlap squares. Fabulous take on Linda's inspiration.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how wonderful, Mo. I just love seeing what inspiration people take from my tags. You did a brilliant job of using many of the same elements yet making e tag uniquely your own. Love the burlap and the metal letters. The lace and baker's twine are perfect finishers. Great to have you back playing again.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete