Tuesday 27 August 2013

Scary Black Marble

Hello Blog Friends,
Thank you for dropping in.  I wanted to share a Canvas I have just completed  inspired by one done by Hels Sheriden on her blog recently have a look here to see her amazing work. 




I loved the way that Hels uses the patchwork paper block effect on her canvas and then coloured white flowers with the dylusions inks.  If you have ever used the dylusions before you will know how strong the colours are, and how much you have left on the craft mat, so I thought instead of cutting up ready printed papers, why not use the ink left over from spritzing the flowers to colour 3 pieces of card and then cut these up to form the background.

 The Canvas was my first attempt using black marble dylusions paint and very scary it was too.  I had all these lovely turquoise and  blue colours and then I was sort of sat there black dylusions spritzer in hand and not wanting to press the spray bottle in case there was a complete black out!  but I held my breath was very brave and pressed the sprayer and ......  phew did it!

In real life it looks darker than on the photo and so I decided to add a few highlights of treasure gold brass (love this stuff) to the flowers and the edges to lift it.

The wording is part of a Lindsay Mason stamp set I have had a while now and this was stamped onto a piece of canvas sheet and torn to give the frayed edges.

Some of the flowers are hand made some are bought and a 3 of them have been made with a couple of lovely little chocolate flower moulds I found in Lakeland Ltd., when we went to Windermere for my birthday in July.  It gave me a great excuse to play with my melt pot and UTEE.

I had a fantastic day out with my bestist friend Anne yesterday when we went over to visit the home of the MDF man in the middle of the historic mill in Pleasley where he has his studio.   Hels was the reason we were there as she was doing a workshop helping us to make yet another fantastic creation.  I will post very very soon  pictures of what we got up to as it just needs a couple of tweaks to finish it, so do pop back for a nosey.

Thank you as always for your visit, and for your lovely comments.
bbfn
Hugs Mo x

5 comments:

  1. Wow what a stunning canvas. Love that patchwork effect! Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely canvas! I love the colours and the way you used the Treasure Gold brass. I love that too. I can imagine how nerve-racking pressing that nozzle must have been on the scary, black dylusions! I'm scared to use these sprays full stop because I'm generally so messy! I am tempted by all the lovely effects people like yourself get with them, though. Can't wait to see your MDF piece. I will keep my eyes open for your next post! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous canvas!! And that Black marble certainly adds to the drama!! That flower cluster looks fantastic with those treasure gold high lights!! Love the idea of the stamped words on the ripped canvas! Now I can't wait to see your MDF piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I have seen this in real life, it looks good here but it is gorgeous in reality, the blues are very striking and the flowers look stunning. You were very brave with the black but it was so worth it - the words are lovely on the canvas too, a great finishing touch. You should enter this into Hel's Sunday Stampers because it has metal on it.

    I had a wonderful time on Hel's workshop too, but have not been able to speak since - too much talking do you think? On second thoughts, don't answer that - lol. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning work Mo, love it! Colours are so rich and the scrap technique is very effective. I'm going to a workshop with Lindsey Mason in a couple of weeks, can't wait. Have been missing from my blog for a couple of months and just catching up.
    Read your previous post about Norfolk, a beautiful part of the country. We were there last year and visited Blakeney, and Wells, stayed in a cottage in Binham.
    Thanks for visiting my WOYWW desk.
    Ann B

    ReplyDelete