Friday 11 April 2014

April Flowers Tag

Hi Everyone,

Firstly a big welcome to my new followers, its so great to Welcome you to join me on my crafty journey.  I am so chuffed with myself as I have managed to get my Tag done handy again this month. Mr Tim Holtz has really given us such a beautiful April Tag for inspiration have a look HERE and see for yourself together with his usual easy to follow step by step.  The techniques Tim has used this month are such fun to do.  Here is my take on it.

I followed Tim's instructions fairly close apart from the colours, I used stormy sky paint over the tissue tape, then frayed burlap, weathered wood and vintage photo over this spritzing with the water at various stages to give a mottled look.
 
I wanted the trellis to be white with just a bit of a worn look to it so I painted the grunge board with Picket fence distress paint, and once dried and sanded back coloured the worn parts with vintage photo.  I  sort of knew I wanted a bit of a rustic look and so I added some rusty corners with the vintage photo distress embossing before adding the trellis.
 
 
Next I added a variety of different papers, metal embossed sheet and glossy accents into the various gaps in the trellis
 
 
Followed by roses and leaves die-cut from Wallflower paper and pink core card, mounted onto a burlap tattered flower.  I was torn between the idea of 2 or 3 roses for ages, then decided that 3 was good on this and I would put 2 on my atc which you can see further down the page.  I gave the little roses and leaves a couple of drops of glossy accents to resemble raindrops (it is April after all). 
To keep in tune with the rusty effect on the corners of the tag, I added some rusty curled wire, and a chit chat sticker.
 


The number 4 was cut from eclectic elements fabric, it was a bit fiddly getting it in the right place, but it cut with ease with the bigz die through the big shot.
 


The tag was finished off with vintage ribbon dyed with tattered rose stain and a little pin and key.  The top of the tag is thread with linen ribbon tied with a little twine bow.
 
  I have my little atc to show off as well for my wall hanger, the roses and trellis look huge on this, but I still think it looks ok.  The roses were coloured with squeezed lemonade tinged with broken china, and Victorian velvet on this and the ribbon is also Victorian velvet.  A little chit chat sticker reminds me of the month.
 

 Here it is with Jan/Feb/March
 
 
 Hope you like my tag and atc, as always a huge Thank you to all who visit and comment.
BBFN
Mo x

11 comments:

  1. As usual you have made a brilliant job of both your tag and your ATC, I love the white trellis, it really does lift the background and your flowers are beautiful too - the raindrops was such a clever idea! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mo - your tag is stunning - this is my fave tag so far ever - I love it to bits - and the techniques are fabulous - I love your take on it - and the ATC is wonderful too - beautiful work!!! Not long now until our crafty day!! Big Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both your tag and atc Mo. Those atcs will look even more fabulous by years end. Really wanted a trellis last year so bought a nice spellbinders one, but I'm very enamoured with this one too! Where will it all end in the spending stakes??!! Your roses look really gorgeous as well. Happy weekend! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how your tag turned out Mo, love the textured bits in the trellis and the flowers have turned out so well! The ATC looks lovely too!! The white trellis is really effective against the background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love your take on this month's challenge. Love your suttle colourscheme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful take on Tim's tag. I love the raindrops on the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Yes! Like your tag very much! The colours are just perfect! As for the atc - it really is beautiful! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Completely gorgeous take on the April tag - the dewdrops on the flower are a wonderful touch and the ATC version is enchanting too - fabulous, Mo!
    Hope you're enjoying a lovely sunny Easter weekend with friends and family.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi from an American fan! Just found you today on Tim's 12 Tag challenge. I love your work. Your work is balanced, has great color combos, and very creative. I'll be back again....soon....(smile)....God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful version Mo. I love the raindrops and the pale trellis. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just lovely, those flowers are gorgeous
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete