Thursday 17 January 2013

Green/Aqua Mirror


Good Morning Everyone and a very big welcome to my new followers who have joined me from WOYWW lovely to have you on board and THANK YOU everyone who commented on my previous post.  As promised I am showing you my finished mirror that I had on my desk yesterday.  I love doing these mirrors and you may see afew of them cropping up every now and again on my blog. 


 With this mirror I used pool,silver and citrus alchohol inks on gloss card for the backgrounds and felt it was a little too citrus so I have used pool only on the top embellishments to help things pop out.  all the stamps are from the Tim Holtz classic favourites set by Stampers Anonymous stamped with black archival.
You will spot the obvious items, the lock die-cut from Tim Holtz Hardware findings bottom right which has also been cut and shrunk top left with one of my favourite things shrink plastic.  Bottom centre we have the Tim Holtz Glass Fragments (I know the caption does not match with just glass but it does go with the mirror as a whole). I have added a chain and crystal pendant from my stash onto 2 chipboards diamond shapes to the bottom left.  Moving up to centre left are some pen knibs I found at a car boot not quite as nice as Tims, but they were cheap (50p for 10!) I spend a lot of time at car boots! as you have probably noticed. Top left of course is the ideology filmstrip ribbon. The keys, little glasses and the small pocket watch were all from my stash picked up here and there over the years and the stamp held with the clip is from a Lindsay Mason set I have had for a while called Creative Thoughts.
Now the silver metal tape surround looks like I have gon over it with a texture roller but in fact it was some old carpet joing tape I had let me explain what I did....

Cut into Strips
Cut metal tape into strips large enough
 to wrap around
Lay carpet strip central onto sticky side
of the metal strip

Wrap metal around
Use an emboss tool to bring the
texture through

 





So there we go, I hope this gives you some inspiration do comment on your thoughts I love to hear from you. Now we are due a large drop of the white stuff tomorrow, so I am off now to do my shopping before if starts.
    Hugs Mo x
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant... great to see the finished piece - it really is beautiful - as well as hear how it was created. Thanks so much for sharing it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mo, I adore this, love the colours. Don't know if I'm choosing the right thing to make a comment, with having no techy knowledge of computers, but I got that lovely email from you, so it's obviously ok. Your ideas are fabulous, & its lovely to see the steps you used to create the mirror. Keep warm this weekend hun xx Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see your masterpiece close up - great photo. It is fabulous. I really love the colours you have used, and your choices of stamps and elements. And thanks for sharing how you did the textured tape - what a great effect- must try that sometime.. happy crafting..Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Mo, it is stunning now that it is finished. You have added lots of bits since I saw it and it looks amazing. I just love the richness of the colours against the silver and you did a great job on those little glasses too. Love it! Keep warm.......we did the same and got out shopping in for the next few days...just in case! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool technique! Thanks for sharing. Love the bee clock.

    ReplyDelete